This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #ForTheLoveOfHam #CollectiveBias
Here is a tie-dye tutorial for personalized placemats that are perfect for your Thanksgiving gathering.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. We've been so busy this fall with marching band and ballet that time is passing quickly. Weather-wise, it's been quite a warm fall, which has also thrown us off. Still, it's time to start planning our Thanksgiving menu.
This year, we are having ham. Joining the ham will be mashed sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry relish and rolls. I haven't yet decided on dessert, but we will probably have something pumpkin and something chocolate. Our meal is going to be served on some personalized placemats that I created using a tie-dye resist technique on some inexpensive mats. I made a matching table runner too.
Personalize Hand-Dyed Placemats
Supplies
light or white placemats
gel glue
spray dye
Directions
Write name or desired saying on each placemat.
Leave it flat to dry.
Cover your dye area to protect it. I used plastic.
Spray the mats with even strokes.
Allow to dry flat.
Leave as is, or wash out the glue.
I used brocade placemats. The dye ended up sticking to the glue. I've done this technique on cotton and rinsed off the glue to reveal white, but this fabric was different. The glue absorbed into the mat and turned dark orange when I sprayed it with the fabric dye. I liked how it looked, so I didn't wash it out. It was a windy day when I created these, so I used rocks to hold the mats down. I moved those rocks around as I dyed. The dye came out in spots, but the color evened out as it dried.
Using a table runner of the same fabric, I wrote “Be Thankful” on it. I laid some leaves on top and sprayed the dye over them to create a leaf resist. I like how these turned out when put against Thanksgiving décor. They go well with a green tablecloth and these apple dishes.
We've discovered a new ham that has become a favorite, therefore we are serving ham instead of turkey this year. It's Hormel Cure 81 Bone-In Hams. These spiral cut hams are smoked and hand-trimmed to assure you get the most meat. These premium hams can be found in the meat section at Walmart and come in Original or Cherrywood flavor. Right now you can grab a $3 off coupon for a Hormel Cure 81 Cherrywood Ham here. This coupon is available while supplies last and can only be printed with a desktop computer.
Hormel Cure 81 Bone-In Hams are perfect for all of your holiday gatherings. They pair well with all of the traditional Thanksgiving fixings. The fully cooked ham comes with a glaze packet and glaze recipe inspiration booklet. I made the Honey-Mustard Glaze. I brushed some of it on the ham and put the rest in a gravy boat to pour over each serving. I'm looking forward to trying more glaze recipes.
Will you be serving ham, turkey or both this year?








